This week you can click over the the Spring Weather Challenge for the specifics of this challenge.
Here are some suggestions:
- Have your children describe any clouds they see in the sky.
- Notice how hard the wind is blowing by how things are moving: leaves rustling, trees bending, etc.
- Notice the wind’s direction. Where is it coming from?
- Describe the temperature of the air and/or look it up on a thermometer.
- Notice any precipitation that you may have this week: sprinkles, rain, mist, sleet, snow, fog, hail.
Special Giveaway!I would love for you to leave a comment on this entry letting me know what spring looks like in your area. For instance, we always know it is truly spring here when the dogwood blooms. Does your area have a particular indicator of official spring? I will enter your name in a drawing for a free Weather Lapbook from Hearts and Trees if you leave a comment with your spring time thoughts. I will be adding some of your quotes on my Spring Squidoo Lens. Deadline for giveaway comments will be April 13, 2011. I will announce the winner on Thursday, April 14, 2011.
Also if you have not clicked over to my Spring Squidoo lens, I would love for you to pop over there and vote in my poll indicating which month is the month you start to see signs of spring. So far the month of March is in the lead.
Please make sure to come back and post your link on Mr. Linky after completing this challenge and writing your blog entry.I have enjoyed all the entries so far and would love to come read your spring entries on your blog.
- March 18, 2011: Signs of Spring (Bonus challenge with notebook page.)
- March 25, 2011: Spring Cattail Observations
- April 1, 2011: Spring Queen Anne's Lace Observations (with free notebook page)
- April 8, 2011: Spring Weather Observations
- April 15, 2011: Spring Tree Observations
- April 22, 2011: Spring Bird Study
- April 29, 2011: Spring Wildflower/Dandelion Study