February 2013 - Birds
I think we are all looking forward to this month' bird nature study theme! Birds are such fun creatures to watch and to learn about and something we can all participate in no matter where we live or what the weather is like outside. I do quite a bit of birdwatching at this time of the year from my window with a pair of binoculars I keep handy. I hope this month's study rewards your family with some joy and discovery! To help you out, I have created a newsletter full of ideas and resources. Be inspired and give the grid study a try!
Contents of this edition of the newsletter include:
- 6 fabulous articles related to different aspects of bird study (5 from OHC participants)
- February Study Grid - actually four grids this month!
- My Birdfeeder Journal - printable notebook page
- Show and Tell from OHC Participants
- Special Discounts from both Crowe's Nest Media and for my Spring Bundle
- Recommended study links
- Chart correlating the Outdoor Hour Challenge bird studies with the Handbook of Nature Study
Note: You can download your newsletter from the link in two ways:
This month's blog sponsor is Crowe's Nest Media!
See the newsletter for a discount code on these two fantastic DVD's. You can read my review of each of them and then click over to get your copy with the super discount available.
Your Backyard: Birds
Your Backyard: Monarch Butterflies